Join our team!
Waxahachie ISD is looking for exceptional talent to join our outstanding team. The district offers all staff an exciting challenge and opportunity for growth, and to secure a position in Waxahachie ISD is a great achievement. Our district is focused on exceptional curriculum and teaching standards, 21st-century technology tools, building professional learning communities, providing excellent communication to parents and community members, and increasing parental involvement.
Reasons to join WISD
- Waxahachie ISD offers a competitive teacher salary structure with a beginning salary of $51,000.
- All teachers receive a personal computer in their classroom along with an iPad for instructional purposes. Proficient use of technology is a requirement for Waxahachie ISD employees and instructors are provided with numerous technology professional development opportunities.
- All new teachers are assigned a district mentor to guide them through their first year of teaching at Waxahachie ISD.
- Waxahachie ISD provides many opportunities for staff development, including instructional methods and strategies and technology proficiency.
- There are 192 square miles in Waxahachie ISD.
- The district has over 1,500 employees, making it the largest employer in Waxahachie.
- There are more than 10,000 students in the district.
- There are sixteen campuses in the district.
- 3 pre-kindergarten campuses
- 9 elementary schools
- 3 junior high schools
- 2 high schools
- 1 alternative high school