McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
Waxahachie Independent School District assists students experiencing homelessness with enrollment in school and gaining access to academic supplies and services to participate in and attend school daily. We are committed to ensuring that barriers are removed so that all students experiencing homelessness have the opportunity for academic success. Students experiencing homelessness have certain legal rights that may affect registration and transfer procedures. WISD addresses issues related to enrollment and assists schools with homeless students’ needs.
Who We Serve
- Homeless students
- Students living in temporary homes due to economic hardship (shelters, hotels, RVs, etc.)
- Students living with family members or friends (doubled-up) due to economic hardship or loss of housing
- Unaccompanied youth
- Free school meals
- School enrollment assistance
- Transportation to campuses
- School supplies
Connecting Families with Local Resources
- Food pantries
- Faith-based organizations that provide assistance to families
- 211 services
If your family is currently living in transition due to economic hardship, a natural disaster, fire, loss of housing, job loss, or any other life-altering situation, please contact our office so our team can locate resources to best assist your family.
Concerns? We can help.
- Jacob Perry
- Lyssa Ridlehuber