- View required disclosures under HB 1378.
- Periodically, the taxpayers of Waxahachie ISD are asked to consider issuing bonds to improve educational opportunities afforded to the students in the district. As a result of outstanding bonded indebtedness, a portion of the District tax rate (the Interest & Sinking, or I&S, portion) is devoted exclusively to servicing these debts. To increase the amount of outstanding bonded debt, the District would have to receive voter approval, through an election, before issuing any new bonds.
- Currently, the District has $223,277,000 in outstanding tax-supported debt principal, which is approximately $22,025.94 per enrolled student. This amount represents outstanding debt from the 2002 bond issue through the most recent refund bonds issued to save interest costs for taxpayers. The total outstanding debt per student is approximately $36,543.96.
Business & Finance Office
411 N. Gibson Street
Waxahachie, TX 75165
- All outstanding debt obligations are supported by property taxes. To date, there have not been any revenue bonds issued by WISD.
- Currently, the District has $0 in outstanding capital leases.
- The district does not have any upcoming bond elections at this time.
- For additional information regarding the outstanding debt of WISD, please visit the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Debt at a Glance Tool and the Bond Review Board’s Local Government Debt Data.
Annual Obligation Schedule
|FY Ending Aug 31||Principal||Interest||Total Payments|
Additional Debt Information
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts requires information to be posted in Excel format. If alternate accommodations are required, please contact the Business and Finance office for assistance.