The Waxahachie Independent School District ("WISD") is committed to making the information on its website accessible to individuals with disabilities. The District's website is designed to ensure that people with disabilities can effectively access, understand, navigate, and interact. To ensure accessibility, the District strives to follow the criteria outlined in the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. The policy aligns with:
- The WISD mission is to provide an excellent education for every student.
- The WISD goal is to close opportunities and achievement gaps through pervasive learner-focused support.
- WISD has obligations described under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Further obligations as stipulated by the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 together with its 2008 Amendments.
- WISD offers an Equal Education Opportunity as explained in Board Policy FB (Local)
While we strive to ensure all our content is accessible, if the alternate formats are not sufficient and you require additional assistance or have barriers to information on the WISD websites, please email the Webmaster. When requesting assistance via email, please include "Accessibility" in the subject line. Also, include the following when communicating with WISD regarding accessibility issues:
- The nature of your accessibility needs;
- The webpage address of the content you are trying to access;
- The preferred format you would like to receive the material; and
- The best way to contact you (email address, phone number, or both).
WISD will make appropriate accommodations to facilitate access to any website content.
Waxahachie Independent School District affirms its commitment to providing an inclusive digital experience for all individuals. We endeavor to ensure all users have an equal opportunity to access information presented online and are constantly striving to improve the accessibility standards of our websites. If you require additional assistance or have barriers to information within the sites, please email the Webmaster. The information contained on Waxahachie ISD websites has been included for general informational purposes only. Any posted information with external website links listed on our websites shall not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement by the Waxahachie ISD. Waxahachie ISD does not assume nor is it responsible for any liability and cannot guarantee that quality content standards will be maintained on these linked websites or servers.