The Waxahachie Independent School District, as an equal-opportunity educational provider and employer, does not discriminate on the basis of or engage in harassment motivated by: age, color, creed, disability, ethnic identity, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, homelessness for employment, admission to, or participation in its programs and activities, military status, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment decisions.
WISD does not discriminate on the basis of disability or sex and complies with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Individuals needing assistance applying for job openings should contact the Department of Human Resources at (972) 923-4631.
WISD.org provides public information to the Internet community and therefore frequently uses links to other websites outside of Waxahachie ISD that may be of interest or benefit to users. While these websites have been researched for content and appropriateness, WISD is not responsible for content on external sites or servers. The information contained on WISD websites has been included for general informational purposes only. Any posted information with external website links listed on our websites shall not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement by WISD. Waxahachie ISD makes no representation or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any of the material on the linked sites, nor does WISD assume responsibility for any liability and cannot guarantee that quality content standards will be maintained on these linked websites or servers. WISD bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality, or content of the external sites, servers, or for subsequent links. Please be aware that the security and privacy policies on these sites may be different than those of WISD, so please read third-party privacy and security policies closely. If you have any questions or concerns about the content offered on linked third-party websites, please contact the third party directly.
Waxahachie ISD is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the users of its website. Our Privacy Promise and Policy is your assurance that we will protect your personal information to the maximum extent. We will not release your personal information to any other party without your express permission except for the sole purpose of data verification and fulfillment of services, or as required by law. If we give information to any organization, it is in the form of aggregated and anonymous statistics about groups of members, but not individuals, who participate in district web-based resources, including ePay, eNews, and School Messenger applications. WISD will collect session connection information only when the user accesses our LAN resources. Information resources that are contained outside of the WISD website environment are subject to the rules enforced by the individual site providers.
- Aggregate Statistical Information: We may, from time to time, collect and use aggregated personal profile data regarding our registered users of web-based applications. This data does not contain personally identifying information such as name or email address. Individual identifying information will not be provided to any third party without your consent unless otherwise required by law. However, aggregated and anonymous data about groups of members may be collected and shared with participating agencies and/or companies. An example of such information might include, "X% of our use is between the hours of 7:00 and 9:00 p.m." Or, "X% of our students access their assignments through the Skyward service."
- Security Information: All the data you provide for us is protected to ensure both the privacy and security of your data. We use state-of-the-art technology to keep your personal information as secure as possible to ensure that no one will be able to tamper with, intercept or access your data. Remember to keep your account information private and secure; do not share your password with anyone.
Waxahachie ISD complies with the following legal provisions:
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age of Discrimination Act of 1975
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- GBA and GBAA and the Texas Public Information Act (TPIA), Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code
For more information, please contact the office of General Counsel at (972) 923-4631.
In accordance with policies GBA and GBAA and the Texas Public Information Act (TPIA), Chapter 552 of the Texas Government Code, WISD makes all of its public records available to citizens. Learn more about the Public Information Request process. Individuals needing access to public information, please contact the office of Public Relations at (972) 923-4631.
The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance. Title IX states that:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
The District designates the following person to coordinate its efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended, for students:
Lee Auvenshine, General Counsel
411 N. Gibson Street
Waxahachie, TX 75165
(972) 923-4631 x10111
(972) 923-4759 fax