Welcome to Waxahachie ISD
We are excited that you have chosen WISD for your child(ren). As a public school system, Waxahachie ISD welcomes all students living within the district's boundaries that meet the state age and health requirements. Global High School, an early college high school, is designed to support all students living within Waxahachie ISD, High School of Choice considers enrollment via application, while Wilemon STEAM Academy accepts admission via lottery.
To find out which school your child will attend, please use the School Finder tool to look up the attendance boundaries for your address.
Welcome to Waxahachie ISD! We are so glad you are here.
If your child is new to Waxahachie ISD this school year, please be prepared to present the following records:
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Evidence of the required immunizations or exemption documentation, visit the Immunization page for details.
- Last report card from the previous school (if a high school student, a transcript as well)
- Proof of residency within WISD boundaries, such as a utility bill or mortgage statement. If a current utility bill (electric, gas, water) or mortgage statement with a Waxahachie ISD address is not available, a contract on a home or apartment lease will suffice until you can provide a current utility bill as is required before starting school. If you live with a WISD resident, return the completed and notarized Legal Residency Form to campus.
- Parent or guardian driver's license
- Proof of guardianship, if not the child’s parent
- New Student Enrollment Forms
- Be sure to visit the Documents page for important items to assist with your WISD academic journey.
All Elementary and Junior High Campuses and Waxahachie High School
- In-person registration is not required. Enrollment can be completed online.
- Appointments are strongly recommended for in-person registration. Please contact your child’s campus to schedule an appointment.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but those with an appointment will be seen first.
- Returning students’ required paperwork may also be turned in during these hours.
Waxahachie Global High School and High School of Choice
Please contact campuses for new student registration information.
Pre-K & Kinder
Qualifying Pre-K students in the district will attend Turner Prekindergarten Academy, Marvin Biomedical Academy, or Northside Elementary. The Roundup page provides details. Visit the Pre-K page & Kinder page for enrollment and qualification details, or schedule a visit with one of the campuses.
All returning WISD students must enroll online with Skyward Family Access before the first day of school. Parents must be enrolled in Family access to enroll their child online.If unable to upload required documents, including proof of residency, to Skyward during the online enrollment process, please ensure you deliver these documents to your child’s campus during normal business hours.Visit the Documents page for useful information such as campus handbooks, course catalogs, dress codes, student code of conduct, and the school supply lists.