A child must be at least five years of age or older on or before September 1 of the upcoming school year to attend kindergarten.
In addition to basic details about your child, parents or guardians need to be prepared to present the following documents to complete the registration process:
- New Student Enrollment Forms
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate;
- Social Security Card;
- Immunization Records &/or Exemption Documentation,
- Proof of Residency; Please note: if you cannot yet produce a current utility bill (gas, water, electricity) with a Waxahachie ISD address, a contract on a home or apartment lease will suffice until you can provide a current utility bill (required before starting school). If you live with a WISD resident, please complete, notarize and return the Legal Residency Form.
- Driver’s License of the enrolling parent.
Please be sure to review the documents accepted for proof of residency and double-check that your child's immunization records are up to date and reflect all the requirements of the state of Texas, which may vary from other states/countries.
Registration for kindergarten is held during spring and summer for the upcoming school year, but WISD accepts new students throughout the school year. Please visit the campus to register after open enrollment. The majority of the kindergarten registration process is done electronically. Please visit the Enrollment page for details.