Hi, welcome to my school counseling page!My name is Erica Scott and this is my 17th year in education and my 10th year as a School Counselor. Prior to being a counselor, I was a band director and I taught all grade levels (Kindergarten-12th Grade). I have a bachelor's degree in Music from The University of Texas at Arlington, a master's degree in Educational Administration from The University of Texas at Tyler, and a master's degree in School Counseling with a Mental Health Certificate from Lamar University.
What is a Counselor?
The School Counselor
- Helps all students apply academic achievement strategies, manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills, and plan for post-secondary options (higher education, military, workforce).
- Provides individual student academic planning and goal-setting.
- Provides short-term counseling to students.
- Gives referrals for long-term support
- Collaborates with families/teachers/administrators/community for student success.
- Advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings.
- Data analysis to identify student issues, needs, and challenges.