Testing Fee Policy
AP, PSAT, SAT, Pre-ACT, ACT, TSIA2 for Grades 9-12
- Students taking TSIA2 to enroll in a WHS Dual Credit course may take each test section free of charge two times. (Math, Reading, and Writing)
- If a student does not meet the passing requirements the first time, the TSIA2 may be taken one additional time free of charge. It is recommended for students to use the tutorial platform in Apex as well as the results from TSIA to help prepare before taking TSIA2 a second time.
- Students needing a 3rd attempt may contact their school counselor for options.
- WHS may give TSIA2 testing opportunities to students free of charge for students enrolled in English II/III and Algebra II.
- The student AP exam is $96.
- For students qualifying for free/reduced lunch, the exam fee is $63.
- Students must register in the fall for the AP exam. Testing takes place in the spring.
- Students register and pay for the AP exam in Total Registration through College Board.
- Students scoring a 3, 4, or 5 on an AP exam will receive a monetary incentive.
- See your counselor for scholarship opportunities relating to exam fees.
- WISD will pay for PSAT/NMSQT exams for 10th-grade students who register in Total Registration.
- Juniors may register for PSAT/NMSQT for a $19 fee.
- WISD will pay for PSAT/NMSQT exams for junior students with a total score in the 95th percentile from their 10th grade PSAT/NMSQT administration.
- PSAT is given during the school day.
- WISD will pay for PreACT exams for 10th-grade students that register in Total Registration.
- PreACT is given during the school day in the fall.
SAT & ACT
- WISD will pay for one SAT or ACT exam during a student's junior or senior year.
- Students may qualify for a fee waiver. See the campus College Advisor for details
- Students will have an opportunity to register for the school-day SAT and ACT.
Contact HSoC Counselor, Martha Cunningham, via email or phone at (972) 923-4695 with questions concerning testing at HSOC. Email the Director of Assessment & Accountability, Dawn Hilburn, or call (972) 923-4727 with questions concerning testing at the district level.