The Class of 2024 Graduation Ceremony
- May 24, 2024
- 8 pm
- Stuart B. Lumpkins Stadium
You graduated from WHS! Congratulations on this milestone accomplishment!
What happens after graduation?
- Once seniors graduate, WHS may only release records to parents with written permission from the graduate.
- If graduates cannot pick up diplomas and transcripts, written confirmation approving others is required. Email communication will suffice to authorize another individual to access these records.
- Remember to bring identification when picking up diplomas and transcripts.
Graduation packets will be available for pickup on a date that is TBD.
Graduation Packets include:
- Two (2) “official” transcripts. Each official transcript will be in a sealed envelope. Please note that once the seal on the envelope is broken, the transcript may no longer be considered official. These sealed documents are provided for applying to universities, colleges, or trade schools.
- One (1) additional transcript, not in a sealed envelope, will be provided.
- The Graduation Packet may include other school-related documents, such as final report cards and Special Education documents.
Graduates must clear all outstanding matters, such as paying fines and returning missing items, before their Graduation Packet is released.
WHS Summer Hours
On June 1, 2024, WISD will begin summer hours:
- Mondays – Thursdays, closed Fridays
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Diplomas are considered ceremonial documents, not district records. The high school transcript, Academic Achievement Record, is the official record of achievement and graduation. The Registrar's Office has contact information for the company that produces diplomas.
- Graduate candidates need to arrive at Coleman Junior High Fine Arts Center promptly at 6 pm.
- Park in the back parking lot and enter through the back doors of the FAC.
- Stop at tables to check in and for a dress code check.
- Quickly find your seat in the FAC. Do not switch names on seats.
- Students must be in the dress code. Any senior not in the dress code will not be allowed to walk.
- Students are not allowed to decorate their caps. Students will not be allowed to walk with decorated caps.
- Only stoles/cords issued by WHS may be worn.
- Jostens will be at Coleman with tassels for purchase for $10, cash only. There will be a limit in stock, so first-come, first-served.
- Seniors will be transported from CJH to the stadium on school buses. You will line up at the north end of the stadium and proceed to your seats at the designated time.
- Pictures are not to be taken on the field before or after graduation.
- Cell phones must be dark, silent, and out of sight for the duration of the graduation ceremony.
- Seniors will graduate in the following order: Top 10, Student Council, Alphabetical.
- At the conclusion of the celebratory drone show, seniors will proceed in reverse alpha order to the south end of the stadium and out to the parking lots to meet up with family and friends. Buses will not transport students back to Coleman.
- TBD (students only)
- 8:30 am
- Coleman Fine Arts Center
- Students should dress comfortably.
- Shorts, T-shirts, and comfortable shoes are ideal.
- Park behind Coleman Fine Arts Center
- no dress longer than the gown
- dress shoes
- no spike heels
- dress pants
- dress shirt
- collared shirt
- tie (optional)
Family & Friends
Where to Park
- Free parking will be available in the Lumpkin’s Stadium parking lot on Indian Drive.
- Free overflow parking will be available across Indian Drive at Global High School and in front of Coleman Junior High School, facing Hwy. 77.
- WHS graduation spectators are welcome to enter at 6:30 pm.
- Seating is first come-first served.
- For security purposes, all guests will be asked to pass through metal detectors prior to entry to the stadium. Bags will be checked upon entry.