During the school year, students may enroll at WHS in the Registrar’s Office between 8 am - 2 pm, Monday - Friday. During the summer, new students may register during scheduled times with the accompaniment of a parent or guardian.
Items to bring
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card (optional)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residence within Waxahachie ISD boundaries (utility bill or rent receipt in parent or guardian’s name)
- Records from the previous school(s) (transcript, EOC scores, withdrawal grades, etc.)
- Any documents related to custody of the student
Students may be withdrawn from WHS at the Registrar’s Office Mondays through Fridays between 8 am and 3 pm.
The parent or guardian that enrolled the student must be the one to withdraw the student. Parents/guardians may call ahead to initiate the following process:
- A withdrawal form must be completed.
- A parent or guardian must appear in person to sign the withdrawal form and indicate the reason for withdrawal and the new school the student will be attending.
- A principal and a counselor will also sign the form.
- The teacher of each class in which the student is enrolled will certify that the student has turned in all books and cleared all fines, fees, etc. owed in that class.
- The student will report to the library to obtain a slip certifying that no fines or books are owed to the library. Any fines or fees owed must be paid in order for the student to be withdrawn.
- The registrar will sign the form once the student has been cleared of fines, books, etc., in all areas.
- Once all signatures are obtained, the form will be released to the parent/guardian for use in enrolling the student in the next school.