The Waxahachie ISD Board Policy requires that a student attend every class 90% of each semester or the student is in violation of compulsory attendance standards. Students that are absent from school:
- Ten (10) or more days in a six (6) month period or
- Three (3) or more days or parts of days within a four (4) week period are considered truant by the State of Texas.
- When this occurs it is the school district’s responsibility to file a complaint with the proper court against both the parent/guardian and the student.
Call the attendance office at (972) 923-4790.
- Documented by an original note from a doctor, dentist, or school nurse
- Documented by legal documents or court papers
- Documented by a program, prayer card, or obituary from the service.
- All others need a parent's note.
Notes need to include:
- student's name
- date & length of absence
- explanation for absence
- contact name & phone number
- signature of parent or guardian
Failure to submit proper documentation within 3 days results in an unexcused absence.