Welcome to Global High School
Global High Admissions
Waxahachie Global High School begins the application process in January each year for the following fall semester. Due to a population boom in Waxahachie ISD, Global High School will no longer accept Out-of-District students unless there is a sitting sibling attending Global. We accept many incoming 9th graders, and we may have a few spots open for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders, so all interested students are encouraged to apply. Please complete the online application with the link below. A parent or guardian must bring the enrollment documents listed below to the front office at Global High. Once we receive the enrollment documents, Mrs. Jennifer Fryar, the Global High secretary, will contact the parents to schedule an interview with the principal for the student and his or her parents.
Documents to Bring
Welcome, we are glad you are here. Please complete and present the following directly to campus:
- Student's birth certificate or passport
- Student's social security card (optional, but requested)
- Current immunization record or exemption documentation; Visit the Immunization page for requirements.
- Proof of residency; If a current utility bill or mortgage statement with a Waxahachie ISD address is not available, a contract on a home or apartment lease will suffice until you can provide a current utility bill which is required before starting school. If you live with a WISD resident, please complete, notarize and return the Legal Residence Form.
- Records from previous school (report card, transcript, STAAR/EOC scores, withdrawal grades, homeschool documentation)
- Driver’s license of parent/guardian
- Proof of guardianship, if parents are not enrolling the student
- A one-page essay by the student on "Why I Am Interested in Attending Global High"
Interview & TSI Testing
During the interview with the principal, the students and parents will learn about our school's programs. Our students begin taking dual credit courses during their freshman year of high school through our partnerships with Navarro College in Waxahachie and the University of Texas at Tyler. The interview gives the parents and students a chance to ask questions about our programs and explain any special circumstances or needs that a student may have. Following the interview, Global High will contact the parents about TSI testing for the student. The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a test that all students in Texas must take before taking college-level classes. The TSI testing session will be scheduled during the summer either at Global High School or the Navarro College campus in Waxahachie. The students do not have to pass the TSI test on their first try, but they need to take the test before being accepted to Global High School. Once all the admission requirements have been met, the parents will receive an email letter of acceptance to Global High to confirm the student's enrollment for the fall semester.