Waxahachie High School offers exemptions from some semester exams for the following students:
- Freshmen may qualify for the semester and final exam exemptions in up to 2 classes.
- Sophomores may qualify for the semester and final exam exemptions in up to 4 classes.
- Juniors may qualify for the semester and final exam exemptions in up to 6 classes.
- Seniors may qualify for the semester and final exam exemptions in up to 8 classes.
To be eligible for an exemption in a particular class, students must meet the following criteria:
- have a 90 or better semester average in that class 7 days prior to the exams;
- must have had no zeros in that class; and
- must have been assigned 3 or fewer days in ISS (No OSS or DAEP).
- Students requesting exam exemptions must submit an exemption form.
- Students must complete their information at the top of the form and list the class(es) that they want to request a Fall semester exam exemption.
- Deadline for teacher signatures on exemption forms:
- December 9, 2022
- 4 pm
- Students will be responsible for keeping that signed form and will present that signed form to their teacher on the day of that Fall semester exam.
- The teacher will sign the exemption form a second time when the exam exemption is used.
Any student that qualifies for an exam exemption may choose to take the exam. The option which best helps a student's semester grade will be used by the teacher in their calculations. The WHS exemption policy for dual credit courses pertains only to the WHS curriculum. College courses must meet semester exam/final exam requirements as determined by the college curriculum. The students are exempt from the exam only, not from attendance in the class during the exam. Exam days are considered school days. Exempt status without attendance risks a grade of 0 for the exam.