With a huge year of growth ahead of Waxahachie ISD, it is important to review historical enrollment information as compared to current enrollment information. The following chart provides historical week-to-week enrollment numbers for the first nine weeks of the 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19 school years:
Snapshot data for the fall state submission in 2016-17 showed a growth of 299 students over the 2015-16 submission. Snapshot 2017-18 showed a growth of 112 students over 2016-17, and Waxahachie ISD is currently on track for a Snapshot submission to show growth of more than 400 students over 2017-18. The next closest growth was in the 2010-11 school year, when the district had an increase of 465 students over 2009-10.
Points of interest:
- Elementary enrollment numbers hit, then exceeded, 4,000 for the first time in district history.
- Secondary enrollment numbers reached 4,900 for the first time ever.
- Secondary enrollment increased more than elementary enrollment because:
- The incoming 6th grade class is always larger than the exiting senior class.
- Many families who chose private school for elementary return at the junior high level for athletics and fine arts.