WHS Class of 2020
WISD celebrating WHS seniors
- Class of 2020 Parade
- Zoom meetings with seniors
- Weekly announcements and shoutouts to seniors (WHS Hachie Weekly)
- Teachers and staff calling and sending cards (words of encouragement) to seniors
- Media staff is creating a farewell video for seniors
- Coach Reed and the athletic department made videos for the spring sports that didn’t finish their seasons and then played them on the video board at the stadium two weeks ago. KBEC also had the spring sport seniors on air. For girl's track, Coach Scott is going to post their pictures next week on Twitter and do a little recognition for them since she was unable to conduct our track banquet. That is usually the week we have our banquet.
- Golf created a poster board for each senior and their parent. Coach Gaylor made his infamous fruit pizzas and took not only to seniors but to all his girl's golfers.
- Lady NDN soccer will deliver a cookie bouquet, flowers & balloons to the 6 seniors in our program. We have pushed delivery to coincide with a senior parade on May 19th.
- Charmers gave out Senior Scholarships, delivered cookies and a Charmer Banner to seniors, conducted a senior Charmer parade, Charmer senior weekly shout-out, and officers passed down their batons.
- Band created senior of the day cards (shown below) and sent them out via social media. Further, band is planning a virtual banquet for May 21st.
- Ellis County Adopt a Senior – We are helping seniors that did not post/get adopted by matching them with someone that would like to adopt a WHS Senior.
- Prepared a “Decision Day” video and posted it on social media and website.
Teachers (English) delivered cupcakes to seniors
- Choir delivered goodie baskets to choir seniors
- Preparing a senior video.... (this is posted on the website and social media. We are putting the video together as we receive pictures from parents/seniors, one baby picture one senior picture). We have been working on this project for three weeks now.
- Yard sign created for every senior with their photos that will be displayed at WHS.
- Large banners to be displayed at WHS and Coleman with “WHS Loves Class of 2020.”
- Senior parade - We discussed the parade on Friday and tried to push it out ASAP, we all thought the sooner the better. We were trying for Tuesday but became aware of scheduling conflicts as students and teachers needed more time to prepare. We have sent out communication moving this event to Tuesday, May 19th.
- We are also in the process of planning a social distancing picnic for seniors. Working on logistics. Tentative date May 29th (This would have been their graduation so, I thought having a picnic or something similar might be nice.
- We attempted to plan a prom alternative, but with social distancing, it appears we will not be able to conduct this event. We decided to take the money raised and conduct a giveaway for seniors via Facebook live. Project Graduation and the Prom committee will conduct this event. Gift cards, microwaves, mini frig, etc. This is scheduled for Saturday, June 6th at the request of Project Graduation.
Charmers celebrating seniors
Choir created baskets for seniors
Choir delivered baskets for seniors
Golf created a poster board for seniors and their parents.
Band created a slide show for seniors and posted the slide show on social media and the band website.
WHS Senior Decision Day videos posted on social media.
WHS Senior Class Video is in the works while waiting on all the pictures to be uploaded.