In accordance with policy BBB (Local), trustees shall be elected by place during the uniform election date in May.
Board members shall be elected for three-year terms, with elections conducted annually, as follows:
- The election for places 1 and 2 shall be held in 2020, 2023, 2026, and in three-year intervals thereafter.
- The election for places 3, 4, and 5 shall be held in 2021, 2024, 2027, and in three-year intervals thereafter.
- The election for places 6 and 7 shall be held in 2022, 2025, 2028, and in three-year intervals thereafter
MAY 2, 2020 ELECTION - Postponed TO NOVEMBER 3, 2020
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Governor of Texas issued a proclamation allowing for postponement of May 2, 2020, local elections until November 3, 2020, or to the next general election.
On Monday, April 13, 2020, the WISD Board of Trustees approved the order to suspend the WISD Trustee Election to November 3, 2020.
With this Order, all candidate applications and filings are preserved and will be activated once the WISD Board approves the Order and Notice of Election for the November 3, 2020 Election.
2021 Election Schedule
- January 13, 2021 – First day to file for a place on the General Election ballot
- February 12, 2021 – Last day to file for a place on the General Election ballot
- April 1, 2021 – Last Day to register to vote
- April 19, 2021 – Last day to apply for a ballot by mail
- May 1, 2021 – Election Day