Procedures & Protocols original
- WISD has two Waxahachie PD School Resource Officers (SROs) who provide security services for all district campuses.
- Each campus is served by a uniformed Security Officer. The Security Officers promote safety at their assigned campuses and build rapport with students.
- Uniformed Security Officers provide security at athletic events, socials, proms, and other district events as deemed necessary.
- Video surveillance camera systems in all schools help security and administrators monitor the interior and exterior of facilities.
- Campus safety vestibules are designed such that visitors must be admitted to the school office prior to gaining access to secure areas of the school beyond the office.
- All Waxahachie ISD campuses and facilities use the RAPTOR electronic visitor management system. The RAPTOR system, which requires the visitor to present a driver’s license or another acceptable form of government-issued identification, logs the visitor into the building and provides the visitor with a temporary, photo-identification badge to wear while in the building. The visitor management system also checks the visitor’s identification against a nationwide database of registered sex offenders and other criminal offenders.
- Criminal history background checks are required for applicants for employment, volunteers, mentors, and contractors.
- Each campus has one or more copies of the district’s Emergency Procedures Guide and staff members have an electronic version available for installation on a smartphone.
- Each campus has an individual Campus Emergency Plan that is updated each year.
- Campuses are regularly patrolled by WPD.
The Waxahachie ISD Safety & Security Department would like to remind all motorists to be aware of buses transporting students across the district. Please slow down, remember to stop when bus lights are flashing, and diligently watch for students entering and exiting buses. We look forward to a safe school year in WISD.
The Waxahachie ISD Safety & Security Department focuses on protecting the district’s students, employees, and property. In order to keep students safe, we ask that motorists keep these things in mind when driving on or near campuses:
- Slow Down. Be aware of school zones as they are busy with foot traffic. Officers will be conducting traffic enforcement.
- Watch out for crossing guards directing traffic while crossing pedestrians.
- Do not text and drive, especially in a school zone.
- Plan for extra travel time during the start and end of each school day when traffic becomes more congested.
Waxahachie ISD would like to remind motorists to be aware of students and parents walking and biking to school. Please remember to slow down, watch for children and parents crossing traffic, and pay attention to crossing guards. Thank you for your help in keeping WISD students safe.