Pre-K & Kindergarten Roundup

Waxahachie ISD has opened enrollment for the 2022-23 school year for prekindergarten and kindergarten students.  Visit Skyward to register online and select the new school year.


To attend pre-k in the upcoming school year, students must be 4 years old or older on or before September 1 and meet Texas Education Agency eligibility requirements; eligible kindergarten students must be 5 years or older on or before September 1.

button reads new student enrollment 2021-22
inscripcion de nuevos estudiantes


neon sign spells f a q


Frequently Asked Questions


  • How do I know where my child is zoned to attend Pre-K/Kindergarten?
    A. You can find your campus attendance zone by entering your address here. Qualifying Pre-K students will be asked to select their preferred campus (Turner, Marvin, or Northside), and every effort will be made to assign students to that campus.
  • How can I enter my child into the Wilemon kindergarten lottery?
    A. The Wilemon kindergarten lottery has closed for the 2021-22 school year.  For more information on entering your child into the Wilemon kindergarten program, call the campus at (972) 923-4780.
  • How can I find out if my child qualifies for Waxahachie ISD’s pre-kindergarten program?
    A. Qualification information is available here. For any other questions about our Pre-K programs, please contact Turner Prekindergarten Academy principal Normel Gilliam at (972) 923-4690 or via email.
  • How old does my child have to be to register for Pre-K or Kindergarten?
    A. Students who are five years of age or older on or before September 1, 2021, qualify to attend Kindergarten. Students who are four years of age or older on or before September 1, 2021, qualify to attend Pre-Kindergarten.
  • What documentation do I need for my child to attend Pre-K or Kindergarten?
    A. Please be prepared to present the following: birth certificate, evidence of required immunizations, proof of residency within WISD boundaries (such as a utility bill), parent/guardian driver’s license, proof of guardianship if the person registering the child is not his/her parent.
  • How can I fill out a paper application instead of registering online?
    A. While we highly encourage online registration, we understand that may not be an option for all families. All Pre-K students should make an appointment for registration at Turner Prekindergarten Academy. For Kindergarten registration, please make an appointment with your zoned campus.