Out of District Transfers
Non-resident students residing outside of Waxahachie ISD boundaries, that meet the eligibility requirements, may request to be admitted into District schools by filing an application. Although we will be opening a new campus, space will be limited due to rezoning. However, Global High School is accepting unlimited applicants for the incoming 2020-2021 school year. Visit the Global High School website for more details.
Students must meet certain criteria in order to be accepted. If space is available, the following documents are reviewed:
- Last report card (1st-9th grades) or High School transcript (10th-12th grades) – must have passing averages in all core subjects
- Attendance record – must be 95% or above
- Discipline record – no major discipline issues
- STAAR and EOC scores (if applicable) – must have passed
If any of the above criteria are not met, the applicant will not be considered.
Process for consideration:
- Submit application, which is time-stamped
- Email final report card (or transcript for students going into 10th-12th), attendance record, discipline record, and STAAR scores (if available)
- Students that meet criteria are considered
- Enrollment numbers are solidified by the second week of August
- If space is available, student names are sent to campus principals for approval
- Parents are notified if the transfer is accepted or not