Why Join Waxahachie ISD?
Waxahachie ISD is looking for exceptional talent to join our outstanding team. The district offers all staff an exciting challenge and opportunity for growth, and to secure a position in Waxahachie ISD is a high achievement. Our district is focused on exceptional curriculum and teaching standards, 21st-century technology tools, building professional learning communities, providing excellent communication to parents and community members, and increasing parental involvement.
Here are just a few reasons to join the Waxahachie ISD team:
- Waxahachie ISD offers a competitive teacher salary structure with a beginning salary of $51,000.
- All teachers receive a personal computer in their classroom along with an iPad for instructional purposes. Proficient use of technology is a requirement for Waxahachie ISD employees and instructors are provided with numerous technology professional development opportunities.
- All new teachers are assigned a district mentor to guide them through their first year of teaching in Waxahachie ISD.
- Waxahachie ISD provides many opportunities for staff development including instructional methods and strategies and technology proficiency.
Waxahachie ISD Quick Facts:
- There are 192 square miles in Waxahachie ISD.
- The district has over 1,400 employees making it the largest employer in Waxahachie.
- There are more than 9,500 students in the district.
- There are fifteen campuses in the district - 3 pre-kindergarten campuses, 9 elementary schools, 3 junior high schools, 2 high schools, and 1 alternative high school.