Communicating with the Board
The Waxahachie ISD Board of Trustees is comprised of seven members who are elected in May and serve a three-year rotating term. The Waxahachie ISD School Board meets in the WISD Administration Building at 411 N. Gibson Street on the second Monday of each month. *Please Note: As circumstances arise (school holidays, weather, etc.), meetings may occasionally be rescheduled, but notice will be given to the public in a timely manner. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend meetings.
In matters of specific complaints, concerns, and suggestions, all appropriate channels need to be exhausted before addressing it to the Board. These appropriate channels are as follows:
1) Contact the Staff Member (click arrow to expand content)
The most direct route to resolving a concern is to confer directly with the person involved, (teacher, coach, etc.). The majority of concerns are resolved by a conversation between those involved.
2) Contact the Campus Administrator
The campus principal and assistant principal(s) are responsible for the school’s operation. Explanations of policies and procedures and various clarifications are available in campus administration offices.
3) Contact a Central Office Administrator
This may be a director, assistant superintendent, or the superintendent. This step should be taken only after steps one and two have not resolved the concern.
4) Contact the School Board
The Waxahachie ISD School Board can be contacted only after steps one through three have been completed. The school board may be contacted by requesting a hearing through the superintendent’s office. The Waxahachie ISD Board of Trustees serves as an appeal body in resolving disputes. A school board member may choose to recuse himself or herself at the time of the hearing if he or she has been involved prior to the hearing.
Sharing Information with the Board of Trustees
If you have information you would like to share with the Board, there are several ways to communicate with the Board of Trustees.
- By E-mail • Citizens may communicate with members of the Board via email.
- Board Meetings • Complete a "Registration to Speak in Open Forum" form available at a regular School Board Meeting and return it to the Director of Public Relations prior to the beginning of the board meeting. Citizens will be allowed to speak during the "public comments" portion of the agenda.
- By Letter • A citizen may send a letter to the WISD Board of Trustees at 411 N. Gibson Street, Waxahachie, Texas 75165
- By Fax • A citizen may fax the Board members at (972) 923-4759.