Waxahachie ISD - Website Accessibility Statement
The Waxahachie Independent School District is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities have the same access to electronic and information technologies that are available to people without disabilities, including content made available through the use of our websites. Waxahachie ISD is dedicated to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504, and Title II. Web sites used by Waxahachie ISD should provide substantially similar functionality, experience, and information access to individuals with disabilities as it provides to others. To accomplish this, Waxahachie ISD will strive to meet or exceed the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
The policy aligns with:
- the WISD mission to provide an excellent education for every student.
- the WISD goal of closing opportunity and achievement gaps through pervasive learner-focused support
- the WISD obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 together with its 2008 Amendments.
- Waxahachie ISD Policy FB (Local) – Equal Education Opportunity.
If you require additional assistance or have accessibility concerns, please email the Webmaster. We are constantly striving to improve the accessibility standards of our website.
The information contained on Waxahachie ISD websites has been included for general informational purposes only. Any posted information with external website links listed on our websites shall not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement by the Waxahachie Independent School District. The Waxahachie Independent School District does not assume nor is it responsible for any liability and cannot guarantee that quality content standards will be maintained at these linked websites.