WAXAHACHIE — Several local businesses were honored at the Waxahachie ISD Board of Trustees meeting on Monday for their outstanding support of the district’s students and schools.
"We are grateful for the generosity of these local businesses and their commitment to make a real difference for our students, staff, and community," said Waxahachie ISD Superintendent Dr. Bonny Cain. "This year, these partner businesses provided support to our district through donations, volunteer hours, providing experiences for students, and more. They are a vital part of our district and we appreciate everything they do to support us.”
Citizens National Bank
- Citizens National Bank supports WISD through participation in Adopt-a-Class and DEAR (Drop Everything and Read) Day.
- CNB is responsible for partnering with the Waxahachie Symphony Association to bring the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra to perform for all WISD fifth-graders.
- CNB is the event sponsor of WISD's end-of-year Partners in Education Business Recognition luncheon.
- CNB supports the Education Foundation for WISD.
- CNB recently provided bags for Chromebook distribution to students for online learning as schools closed in the spring due to COVID-19.
- CNB supported numerous scholarships, and its employees serve on advisory boards and committees.
City of Waxahachie
- The City of Waxahachie supports WISD through Adopt-a-Class.
- A host of readers from all city departments read during DEAR Day.
- City officials also serve on numerous advisory boards and committees.
- H-E-B supports WISD with school supplies during the annual Operation First Day of School event.
- H-E-B participates in Adopt-a-Class, Go Van Gogh, and DEAR Day.
- H-E-B also supported the WISD Education Foundation.
- H-E-B displayed works of art from WISD students monthly in-store.
- H-E-B employees served on advisory boards and committees.
- KBEC radio hosts announce WISD special programs and events, community education classes, sports, graduation, and more.
- KBEC supports Adopt-a-Class, provides mentoring, and also participated in the annual DEAR Day.
Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University is a longtime partner to WISD. WISD had the opportunity to visit the campus and invite the SAGU student body to participate in DEAR Day since the beginning of this program — 23 years.
- SAGU students also volunteer and mentor in WISD classrooms and
- SAGU students participate in the Adopt-a-Class program.
- SAGU faculty also serves on advisory boards and committees.
The Waxahachie Daily Light
- The Waxahachie Daily Light supports WISD through school news stories in the paper and posting in the events calendar.
- The WDL published community education upcoming classes, special events, and programs.
- The WDL supports DEAR Day and the district as it partners with the district throughout the year.
The Waxahachie Sun
- The Waxahachie Sun supports WISD through school news stories in its newspaper and posting in the calendar of events.
- The Sun published community education upcoming classes, special events, and programs.
- The Sun supports DEAR Day and the district as it partners with the district throughout the year.
The Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce
- The Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce supports WISD in haring district events and news through their calendar, newsletter, and social media posts.
- The chamber staff reads each year for DEAR Day.
- Chamber employees also serve on numerous advisory boards and committees.